DoD Cyber Scholarship Program (CySP)
We are now accepting applications for the Department of Defense (DoD) Cyber Scholarship Program (CySP).
The U.S. Department of Defense will provide undergraduate and graduate students selected as Cyber Scholars with a full scholarship including the following benefits:
- Full cost of tuition
- Required fees (including health care)
- Books (for required courses only)
- Stipend of $27,000 for undergraduate students and $32,000 for graduate (Master's/PhD) students.
- Internship opportunities
- Guaranteed employment with a DoD agency upon graduation (contingent upon eligibility to obtain a clearance)
- Begin security clearance processing while being a student
Students falling into one of the following categories may apply:
- Juniors, Seniors pursuing a bachelor's degree (Sophomore's promoting to a Junior in Fall 2022 are eligible to apply)
- Students in their first or second year of a master's degree
- Students pursuing doctoral degrees.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- 18 years of age or older
- Citizen of the United States at the time of application
- Enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) at Georgia State University for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Pursuing a course of study and/or have a declared major in one of the scientific, technical, or managerial disciplines related to cyber or with a concentration in cybersecurity
- Have a 3.2 GPA (undergraduate) or a 3.5 GPA (graduate)
- Be able to obtain a security clearance (not required to obtain security clearance before applying)
- Agree to work for the DoD, after graduation, as a civilian employee for one calendar year for each academic year for which financial assistance (scholarship) is received
Application & Deadline
To submit an application, go to http://www.dodemergingtech.com/cyber-scholarship-program-cysp/
The deadline to submit applications is February 1, 2023, but we encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible to receive feedback from us and increase their chances of being selected for the scholarship.